Teres/Scheu-Help

Hi, thought you guys could help me decide which direction to go on buying either the Scheu Premier II or a Teres/100 or 200 series table. Which Teres would be comparable to the Premier II. I know some of the same people designed both tables but sonically speaking/money, any thoughts on one or the other that might help me decide. I will be using a Morch UP-4 arm on the new table. Thanks in advance for any information. Any help is appreciated.
Rlmm.
rlmm
What's the difference sonics and cost between the Scheu premier 2 and the layest version of the eurolab premier?
TWL - lets try and stick to the facts when posting on this forum and not being a bigot towards one particular tt and making statements like you did that are not based on real experience. Everyone who posts advise on this forum should practice this. Frankly, your obvious and extreme shilling for Teres is getting to be annoying and it detracts from effective knowledge sharing.
I disagree Bmckenney about TWL and Teres both. If he doesn't know, he says he doesn't know. I never see him deviate from the facts. Just because you don't like his or anyone else's answer is no reason to slam their response. I always thoughht that when someone asks for an OPINION, they deserve to get an honest answer. And almost all of these answers are subjective, as Tom said, becuse what sounds good to one does not necessarily sound good to another.

As usually happens here, someone gets off the subject to ridicule a product or person they "dislike". While I've listened to many other tables, the Teres is the best that I have heard. That's why I recommend it, especially when someone asks specifically about it.

In this case I would say go with the Teres. But try and listen to the Scheu so you can judge for yourself. The problem here is listening to both of them with the arm and cartridge you want to use. But, if you can't listen to either in this way, go with the Teres. That's what I did, got one (built one) sight unseen, I mean unheard. And guess what, TWL helped guide me along during this process. Along with countless others here.

Sure I got the "buy an LP12" type responses and listened to others slam the Teres, but I went with the opinions presented for my budget and listening style. And am damn glad I did.

So to once again guide this thread back to the original subject, yes you have to do a little work. It does not come set up. If you can set up an arm, you can set up the Teres. Look on the Teres site, I think there is a set up manual there. Also, look here:

Joe's Teres

You will be able to see most of the parts, and what goes where. You'll also see how to build the plinth, at least how I built the plinth, so that if you go with the lower model, you know what's involved if you want to upgrade it yourself.

And as always, email Chris with any questions, he is very helpful.

Just my OPINION.

Joe
Brian, seems to me that you are the only one being "annoyed". I was quite cordial and deferential to your experience in the matter, and ended with a "to each his own" statement, even though your previous other posts described your Teres as "255ish", which indicates a DIY version or variant, and may easily have sounded different than a factory version(perhaps better, or worse) In any case, it sheds similar doubt on your "personal experience" with these tables as you accuse my opinion of having. It seems that my attempt at friendly interaction has fallen on deaf ears with you, so I'll not make that mistake in the future.

Apparently, you have more than a passing interest in Scheu tables, because your other posts boldly advise another member even which Scheu dealer or Scheu importer you feel should be supported with a Scheu purchase. So maybe, you are doing a little "schilling" of your own. Also, I noticed in those other posts that you have some kind of problem with me and my posts in other matters too.

So if you have some personal problem about me in particular, then send me an email and get it off your chest. Otherwise, I'll post as I see fit, and within Audiogon rules.
TWL. I would only recommend a Scheu over a Teres because of my experience with a Teres, which is obviously different than yours. I have no experience with a Scheu. Never seen one. I can barely spell it. I only said that I would recommend buying directly from Scheu instead of buying unsupported product from audio advancements not because I have experience with Scheu but because it makes sense. I also am not alone in my experience with the Teres either. I am sure you have heard from the detractors of the table in the past. BTW, my Teres was not a kit. I also said that if I was looking at a table like the Scheu or Teres (design) I would go with the Scheu. Not because I know the Scheu, but because I know the Teres.

In retrospect, I suppose I'm just as guilty of what I accused you of which isn't right or what I'm about. I just get riled up when I think someone is going overboard with promoting a product and whom might have a financial interest in it. If its just pure enthusiasm theres nothing wrong with that. People want suggestions, ideas, recommendations, and a productive, open discussion that present different ideas and options so they can hopefully make some sort of good suggestion. Some may prefer one tt over another - its as simple as that. People just need to realize that just because every tom dick and harry say the Teres is the best tt at some price point doesn't mean its true and it needs to be stated that its not true. Anyway, sorry if this seemed like a personal attack. I'll keep the challenges totally objective in the future.