Digital Interconnect Questions

I've always used inexpensive consumer grade digital cables of the $25 - $40 variety from Circus City, GoofGuys, etc. I'm talking about the 75ohm coaxial cable for attaching CD transport to DAC. Is there a significant difference in sound quality with higher-end digital interconnects? I've always been skeptical of over priced cables, especially the digital interconnect. I'm not seeking a debate but would like to know if anyone can actually hear a SIGNIFICANT difference. Thanks.
abecollins
Try the Apogee Wyde Eye digital cable(see Audioreview.com and Stereophile recommended components). You can pick it up at Guitar Center, and a 0.5m cable will only set you back about $35(although a 1.0m digital cable is better in theory). Apogee uses true 75 ohm connectors and I found a significant improvement over the "consumer grade" cables you mentioned. Very detailed, not bright, with a voluminous soundstage. This might be the most inexpensive way to see how much difference a more expensive cable might make in your system, and you can always return it. Just make sure you pay attention to the directionality of this or any digital cable you try. Best of luck.

Tim
What kind of brands of digital cable sold in Circus City?
Is there any difference between Circus City and Circuit City?
If you've already spent about $10k on your digital end than the digital interconnect cable will make a difference but not as big as analogue interconnects. Otherwise it's OK to stay in $50 range for the digital interconnect. I use ultralink $25 digital interconnect with EAD DSP7000 MK2 and Monarchy Audio DT40b CD/LD transport. I've compared it with Illumitation D60 and heard very little difference in upper mids resolution. I desided not to go for 9x price from what I use right now.
No, tyhere is no difference, the majority of today's separate dacs re-clock the signal as it arrives so unless there are major errors along the way, there will be no difference at all.
Thanks everyone. Most say there is a difference and some say very little or no difference at all. My digital gear is valued at almost $6K [LIST] but it's mostly in the CD player.

The player is the Cary CD-306/200 that has digital inputs (Tos, Coax, AES/EBU) that I use with my Adcom GCD-700 CD changer. The digital output (coaxial) from the Adcom is sent through the Cary 306/200 to take advantage of it's better DACs and digital filter.

I'm currently using an inexpensive Monster Cable digital interconnect of 1.0M length that I picked from one of consumer electronics stores (Circuit City, GoodGuys, SoundTrack, don't recall where I got it exactly). I may try something else based on all the generous input above. Thanks!