Any feedback on the Levinson no.390s upgrade ??

Has anyone heard the difference between the no. 390s and the no. 39 cd players from Mark Levinson??
cmh2129
I called to upgrade my #39 and is $1,800 from the factory and $2,300 with a new face plate. A much higher sample rate and more 3-d type sound, better highs and lows. You can read about it on the WEB site. I have been waiting for a local store to get one in and check it out before I upgrade. From what I read it is a major improvement.
Hi,
As it happens, I've arranged with my local dealer (Definitive Audio) to borrow their 390S tomorrow night to compare in my system vs. my #39. I'll only have a single night to do the comparison, but will let you know what differences I hear (if any!).
Craig Zastera
I listened to the 390S in my system Saturday.
I thought it sounded significantly better than my 39--more liquid, smoother, less "edgy", more "analog-like".
I didn't even need to A/B to appreciate the difference.
I have signed up to have my 39 upgraded. The cost is $1500 (not $1800 as someone reported). Another $500 if you want the new faceplate too.

One negative--the 390S's digital inputs do *NOT* accept 24/96 signals. Disappointing. Their 360 and 360S DACs can process these higher resolution digital signals, so I'm surprised they didn't incorporate this into the 390S.

For those looking for a new CD player (as opposed to 39 owners), I'd strongly advise listening to the Audio Aero Capitole and the Electrocompaniet 24/192 upgraded EMC-1.
I thought both these were at least as good sounding as the 390S (although the Levinson has a much nicer user interface and several useful convenience features lacking on the others. Plus the Electro lacks a volume control).
But for 39 owners, the upgrade represents a worth-while improvement in sound for the $$.
Craig Zastera
Craig

I have 36 DAC and am wondering if it is worth an upgrade to the 360 and hpw much it costs.

My alternative would be to try and trade it and the transport Micromega Solo to a 390.

Any thoughts appreciated.