Stylus Cleaning Schedule?

Ok, I have read in Robert Harley's "The Complete Guide to High End Audio", that you should clean your stylus every album side.

How many of you actually do that?

I like my albums and think I take care of them pretty well. I use a RCM to clean them. But I honestly don't clean my stylus that often. I pretty religiously clean my stylus before every listening session. Most sessions consist of listening to 2 to 6 album sides, usually on the lesser end of the scale unfortunately. (I use the Last stylus cleaning fluid. I put it onto the stylus cleaning brush and then clean the stylus to avoid getting too much cleaning fluid on the cantilever. Sound about right?)

(By the way, I like Harley's book and have gotten a fair amount of knowledge out of it, although I may not actually agree with absolutely everything in it. I recommend it to anyone interested in this hobby.)
kurt_tank
After VPI-ing my records once in-a while I found that I only need to dry-brush after the whole record played or even two of them.
I wash the stylus with liquid every listening session.
There is little lost time in doing a wet before every session and a dry for each side. There are some nasty physics and chemistry in them micro mechanics.
I clean each side of my LP's before each play with a VPI vac, RRL fluid and Disc Dr. brush, then a carbon fiber brush. Based on Len Gregory's advice for his Music Maker cartridge I "dry" clean using a short bristle brush (that comes with the RRL #9 stylist cleaner) before each side (maybe 3 swipes forward). Every 4 albums or so I clean using the brush and a very small amount ot fluid applied to the brush. Too much fluid used too often and or applied to the cantalever is detrimental to the cartridge. At least that is what Mr. Gregory says and since he makes the cartridge I go by his instructions. Combination works great. Music sounds wonderful. Very few ticks and pops, very quiet playback and the stylist rarely gets any grunge.
I have been using the ZeroDust (gel pad into which one lowers the stylus tip) before each side, followed by very light brushing on of the Last Stylus treatment that is called "Stylast".