What's wrong with my VPI motor?

I have a VPI Aries (2 1/2 yrs old) just recently my motor is having problems starting up? I have to give the plater a push.....frustrating!!! Is the motor going?????? Help!!
rwd
Just a thought, but the motor shaft itself needs occasional lubrication. Just talked to Mike at VPI about this, re my older model TNT, and he recommended using 40 weight oil VERY SPARINGLY, via one of those needle-applicators, beng sure you don't get any oil on the pulley.

Also, for some time the pulley does occasionally seem to "lock up" and not turn without a gentle push, especially since I got my SDS. But the push always gets it going. At least so far. Good luck, Dave
One other thing to note. Make sure that there isn't extra talc stuck in the motor spindle groove. My belt was riding up and down the plattyer, like there was a turn or a kink in it. I found this extra talc, picked it out with a toothpick, cleaned it and the platter edge with some Windex and all was fixed.

Enjoy,
Bob
once again, anyone with the sds experiencing this problem should get out the sds manual, and follow the calibration instructions on increasing the voltage (to 84V). i was really worried at first when the motor vibrated but "locked up". but w/the 84v boost, i've had no further problems. however, i still wish i was brave enough to go inside the motor and install the new capacitor. (vpi says it's "easy").
Those owning the VPI TNT (or Aries, I guess, as well):

Have any of you tried different types of belt?

Thank you for your consideration.