Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Matt,

I posted my actual experience with dealing with Steve. Others may have had different experiences.
Before you crown a winner, I just thought it would be important to note that you are dealing with a one man show subject to any conditions he wants to impose.

APLHIFI, Alex, is another one man show that I have purchased products from. Excellent designer, fantastic products. He always treated me fair with no problems. However, he got sick and way behind on his production.
Some people waited for over a year for his products!
There was an extremely long thread on Audiogon about this.

One should compare that to other companies such as PS Audio that have actual service and customer service departments.

Of course, as I stated earlier these were my actual experiences and YMMV.
Ozzy said, "I posted my actual experience with dealing with Steve."

Actually, no. You were having a terse conversation with Steve within this otherwise useful thread. I don't believe that you objectively reported on your experiences for the benefit of others here.

My opinion is that it should have been taken offline with Steve directly. Instead, we all had to bear witness to your frustrations.

I even hesitated to post this, as it, too, detracts from Matt's fine work here. I recognize that.
Matt, Audiogon is a bit of a "homegrown'" posting system... There is an ability for editing a post, kind, sort of, and it depends... That is... The thread must be on a single page, and your post to be edited must be the very last post on the thread... If your post is on page 2 or beyond, Or someone posted after you, you are out of proverbial luck.... I have communicated the problem to Audiogon more than once, and met with summary dismissal of my concerns. G.
Rhanson739, What other reason would I have???
I have been a long time Audiogonner and "I states it as I hears it", to share my experience with others.