Rega Exact on a Rega P5 - opinions?

I'd like to hear from anyone who has had experience with the Rega Exact cartridge and how it compares to other similar MM cartridges like the Goldring 1042. The Exact was $350 - so that's the price range I'm working in.

Since the RB-700 on the P5 uses the newer arm mounting system, I'd prefer not to use anything that requires VTA adjustment unless it's a cartridge that's going to yield me much greater results than the Exact does at a similar price point.

Thanks in advance for any input - there's an astonishingly sparse amount of information here, or anywhere else for that matter, on the Exact cartridge. I did find one review from 2003 on the Stereo Times site, but that's it.

FYI - the P5 is feeding mostly classic rock lp's into a Musical Fidelity A300 integrated via the A300's built in phono section and on to Von Schweikert VR-1 monitors.
slate1
I use a Clearaudio Aurum Alpha Wood on the P3 and it does require VTA adjustment, however the cartridge is nothing short of magical. (for the money, of course)
Well - I ended up trying out a Goldring 1042 and a Rega Exact. I can honestly say that I much prefer the Rega Exact. Maybe it's just my system, but it sounds great through the P5, Musical Fidelity A300, and the Von Schwiekert VR-1's! I couldn't be happier.
Okay - I've got a new problem! I'm fairly certain that the Exact is overloading the phono stage in my A300. The Exact puts out 6.4 - 7.2mv which is insanely high and the phono stage is rated at 3.5 although they don't state the overload point.

On some really dynamic passages I'm getting some audible distortion that I can only presume would be the phono stage being overloaded. It's not the amp - I'm not at high volumes and ther's no way the MF A300 is running out of juice.

Would a good way to test if it's just in the recording be to hook the TT up to one of the line level inputs? Those are rated for 300mv so I know I wouldn't be overloading them - I'd have to turn it up to hear, but at least I'd be able to determine if it's in the recording or if it's an overload clip - right?