Taking the analog plunge...

OK guys, I could use your suggestions here.

I have several upgrades in mind and/or in progress for my 2 channel system. While I was considering these changes, I decided to look into adding a turntable as well. It's been a number of years since I've had a decent TT (decades, really) and the sheer number of choices can be pretty daunting.

What would help is a short list of gear that you think I should investigate that is A) a relatively good match for current gear and B) is priced somewhere below 4k. There are plenty of reviews at my disposal, but I'd much rather hear from people who are actually living with this stuff for extended periods and are more likely to have used it with gear similar to mine

My current system consists of all BAT components (D5, 5i and VK 200) and Triangle Celius speakers. The upgrades are/will be a BAT VK 60 and either Hyperion HPS 938s or GMA Continuum 3s.

Your suggestions?
128x128loonytunz
That's a very good short list you have there! IMHO I think you could quickly surpass the RB300 with some mods to a RB250.
Dan,

Hmmm... Michell uses the RB250 as the basis for their TechnoArm. OL seems to like it too. Maybe they know something I don't.

Seems like a 250 would certainly leave a better upgrade path. Plus, the Origin Live upgrades look relatively inexpensive. Nice call, Dan!
I'm just passing on what I've learned from advice given here. I almost bought a 300 once and then found out about the upgrades available for the 250. Great bang for the buck until you're ready to shell out some real cash.
I have both. The 300 is modded with a silver rewire, and the 250 is an OL model. The 250 will stay as my main arm till I go nuts and buy a Schroder. Then it will see use on the next tt I build.

Want a good deal on the 300?

Joe
I believe I'll pass, Joe. Thanks anyway.

Likely to my good fortune, I think I'm going to grab up the 250. It makes more sense to leave the door open to upgrades and save money on the front end to boot! How could I go wrong?