Outer Ring for VPI scout Without spending $$$$

So does anyone know where to obtain a suitable outer ring clamp for the vpi scout. I saw an ad in music direct catalog for the TNT outer ring and platter upgrade but it was over a grand. i would realy llike to spend 2-300 bucks. Thanks
M
asonicyouth
The Peripheral ring clamp from the HR-X lists for $500.00, it will fit the Scoutmaster, & Super Scoutmaster acrylic platers, but NOT the standard aries Scout. What you saw was a complete Aries acrylic platter, upgraded bearing, ring clamp package for $1100.00. It will only fit older TNT's, Black Knight, & Aries tables.

Unless you have someone make you a higher arm-board for your Scout Jmw-9 tone-arm. But then again you will have to spend to get the $1100.00 combo as you need the larger platter then the Scout's.

The only affordable way is to do a Scoutmaster upgrade/ Scout trade-in. And then buy the clamp, as walking into a machine shop with $200-300.00 isn't going to get you one made. Good Luck
I have an outsider record weight from Sound Engineering. It's custom made for your platter. You simply measure your platter width and thickness, communicate with Bob at Sound Engineering and voila - one appears on your doorstep a short time later - custom fit for your platter.

It is a few dollars more than what you are looking to spend, but it is WAY short of the VPI upgrade price menitoned above.

It's more than well worth the money. This and the insider record weight (can be seen on their website) combine for a serious upgrade. Just one guys opinion, but both are in use on my Clearaudio for every minute of vinyl play and will always be.
Thanks, i appreciate all the input, I think i will just wait a year or two and drop the big $ on the HRX, F&#K It!