Really basic brush question

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but I've been wondering for a while. When I use a carbon fiber brush on records, I hold the brush in a line from the center of the record to the periphery and turn the record underneath it. Eventually there is a line of dust extending radially on the record. Now here's the question: When you're done brushing, how do you get this line of dust off? Do you simply brush it off to the outside of the record? Or perhaps go after it with a damp cloth?

Thanks in advance for trying to clear up (what should be) a really basic question.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsufentanil
If you can touch one of your power cords with the other hand you'll have no dust. Sounds dumb but it works.
Once you have allowed the dust to collect, slowly slide the brush toward the outside of the record until the entire brush is of the record.

Now reach into your pocket, take out your credit card and purchase a vpi 16.5 record cleaning machine with fluid and a supply of rice paper record sleves. I suggest a zerosat gun also. Now you are ready to perform the most holy of rituals for audiophiles- the record purification ritual.

You can never get that dust off the record entirely using the carbon brush. If you don't follw this, your stylus will become the record cleaning device grinding the dirt into your record and collecting what is left of it on to the stylus.
greg
The answer is that you throw away the "audiophile approved" carbon fiber brush and get a cheapo, classic, Disc Washer brush. The dust will be lifted off with the brush. Sorry, but I bought one of those carbon brushes after reading about them for years in the Hi Fi Magazines. After a couple of uses, I went back to the dumb old DiscWasher for exactly the problem you are describing.
I vacuum off that line of dust -- it's the second step in my personal cleaning ritual (a zap with the Zerostat gun being the first step). But then again, I use a homemade RCM, and I can center that line of dust in the vac attachment and avoid having the dust contact that special velvet-like material which lines the edges forming the orifice of that attachment. (See homemade RCM under my system). I would think that dragging the brush to the side and off the LP would deposit the dust on the outer sidewalls of the grooves.

Next time I build one of my RCMs I'll take photos of each step and post ... provided someone with more 'net savvy than me shows me how to post photos on a thread.

Best regards,
Paul