questions about the DVP S9000es

does it play CDRs? how 'bout CDR/W's? how does it sound on movies?

thanks.
s2k_dude
I have one of these Sony units and I just got a disc copied by a friend of mine and it will not play on my unit. It will play on my Krell unit however, so I know it's not the disc.
Cdrw's work on my Sony 9000es. No cdrs have worked, regardless of brand or whether or not they were recorded via computer or my Pioneer elite cd recorder.
Don-Geez our systems must sound very similar! what pre are you using? it is pretty uncanny the same components we are using.
tim, i am now using a BAT vk-30. the 30 sounds great but i recently made the mistake of trying a vk-50 in my system -unbelievable improvement in all respects. i listed the 30 for sale on a-gon with the intention of buying a used vk-50 (can't afford the 50se). however, victor khomenko told me that he thinks a 30se is as good or better than a vk-50. so....i may keep my 30 and have it upgraded.

i forgot what preamp you were using. how do you like it?
Don- Man this would have been weird if I got a VK-30 as well, which was at the top of my list, but I just didn't like the volume knob! what a complaint, eh? Besides another member here offered me a killer deal on his old pre which was an offer too good to refuse. So I am currently running an Accuphase DC-300(with some toys :) which is amazing, exceeds my highest expectations. I am a "tube" guy and love it(the DC-300), may even try an Accuphase A-50v in my system for a while, but that will be down the road(always gotta be planning though!) I am thinking of either having my VK-60 upgraded to VK60se spec or selling it in lue of a VK-75se, but thats all speculation at this point I need new cables and that is my spring goal! One step at a time!!