Tonearm for Teres turntable - approx $1000 - ??

I have way to much time to research for components for my new analog setup, and keep on thinking about new ways of spending my budget (which keeps increasing in size. :-( )

I have at least decided on the turntable - basically a Teres 160 - and the cartridge - Zyx R-100H.

I had decided on an Origin Live Silver tonearm,(with Twl's HiFi mod, of course,) too, but now I'm wavering about that decision. I can not afford to spend thousands of dollars on the tonearm, but can probably stretch my budget to about $1000. Used is fine... Are the Hadcock tonearms (which seem to be about the same price as the OL Silver) any good? Better than or equal to the OL Silver? Is there something better I should look for, or should I just stick with the OL Silver?
oakiris
On the similar subject, has anyone experience with the JMW Memorial 10? It is a little more expensive than the Morch, but is has a built in VTF control, an add-on with Morch, and $200 from Chris.

A good friend has recommended it to me, but I was leaning to the Morch, over Hadcock. Now I have not spent the time to consider compatibility, I assumed that the JMW would match with my Grados and future lower compliance choices, but I will have to find out.

Gregg
I have both a JMW-10 and a Moerch DP-6. The Moerch has the 12" arm wand (Red). I have used both arms on my Galibier and, prior to that, my Thorens 124. Both are very nice tonearms. The Moerch has a cleaner, more detailed, more nimble sound. The VPI tends to be somewhat richer and a bit opaque in comparison. At least with the cables I tried.

Dave
Oakiris,
I don't have Raul's knowledge about the history of tonearms, but from what I've seen and heard I agree with him.

I've not used a Moerch but I have used a Graham 2.2. IMO a new one is one of the most overpriced components around, particularly since you have to buy a separate phono cable. A new 2.2 + IC-70 actually lists for the same as my Tri-Planar. Some may disagree but IMO that amounts to a bad joke. The Graham may look cleaner and tidier, the paint job is better, but its superiority ends there.

Used Graham 2.x arms are now plentiful, thanks to the introduction of the Phantom, so you might bag one for cheap. However, if I had to choose between a 2.2 and a DP-6 with no chance to learn any more, I'd choose a DP-6. It's probably better, like Raul says, but even if it's just equal it's also less expensive, more flexible as to cartridges and much prettier!

Salectric's JMW-10/DP-6 comparison was interesting. "Richness" and "opacity" are not desirable traits in a component. "Rich" sounds nice at first, but it's really a polite word for "colored". That can get tiring before too long, and it's a pretty fair description of the Graham's sound too.
The whole question of detail vs. coloration has me wondering a bit. So I am interested in Dave’s switch from a 124 to a Galibier. In the past I have heard tables like the Nottingham Hyperspace that are, for lack of a better word “too detailed”. They can sound arid, like some one’s experience might be if they grew up hearing CDs not vinyl. In that case I might accept a little coloration, if that was what the old timers (like me) called "warmth".

For me the issue is PRAT and nuance, in both cases I think that these are system dependent and not controlled by any single component.

Still I have not made up my mind on an arm, I mean should it be so hard to spend $1,000.00?

Gregg
Doug - I'm taking your word for it! I'll go for the Morch DP6. The cheapest I've been able to find the Graham is for $1900 (used, here on Audigon) which is way more than I originally intended to spend. (Still, do you have any opinions on the BlueNote Borromeo - Chris is selling one for less than the Morch. :-) )

Still I have not made up my mind on an arm, I mean should it be so hard to spend $1,000.00?
Glad to know that I'm not the only one struggling, Gregg!

OakIris