Stereo or Home Theater?

What do Stereo-only people think about Home Theater, and what do Home Theater people think about Stereo-only. I perceive that there is quite a gulf in ideas about proper reproduction between these types. My take is that Home Theater is the new mid-fi, with Video as the centerpiece, and audio going along for the ride. Some think I am anachronist. What do you think?
twl
Well, check out the latest U2 and Nine Inch Nails concert DVDs if you want to see current SOTA surround-sound music/video. Both are positively awesome. I saw U2 in Chicago and there were 25,000 people four nights running, all on their feet going nuts. It occurred to me that this was perhaps the masses getting into music. And I was loving every bit of the high-end investment I have put into my system to reproduce it - the better equipment made it a much more compelling experience. -Kirk
Unsound nailed it. If I ever do integrate multichannel with my stereo system, it will strictly be supplemental. My Line 1 has throughputs that should make it easy. I do wish a company would produce a high end multichannel processor and 3 channel amp in one box. It would work for most of us.
after several experiments, being interested first in music
, disappointed with with the commercail chip multi channel processing.
I finally settled on pre amplifier 2 channel
2 power amplifiers 3 and channels(ava omega star)
full range speakers front ,rear and center
and a efe passive decoder pro onewhich is good for music as well as surround sound.