What type of copper is best for power cable?

I am planning to make a few power cord for myself to see if it will make any difference to the sound. Connectors will come from Marinco, but as for wire, I am not sure I should be using solid copper or stranded copper.
It seems like all my apartment internal wiring is using solid copper.
Any suggestion will be helpful.
andy2
Can you still get Marinco connectors? I thought Wattgate bought the exclusive rights to Marinco- I could be mistaken, just what I've heard.
Place to ask this question, or look up the posts already made on this topic is Audioasylum.com go to the cable asylum and the cable gods will tell you all... Mostly special Belden wires...
I haven't tried buying Marinco connectors yet. There is a local representative I can call on Monday. Will see then.
The odd things is I've been going all over town to find a decent female plug but can't seem to find any store that carry them. The only thing they have is the male plugs.
If you are looking for IEC connectors, you probably won't find them anywhere locally unless you get lucky. Pretty much a mail order item for decent quality plugs.

Solid copper is ALWAYS superior to stranded copper in every way other than in flexibility and sheer physical strength. Once the solid conductor becomes damaged due to stress or fatigue, the multi-conductor stranded design may have a few advantages. Sean
>