Volume Level

Hello GoNeRs,
Here I am with another question and hopefully like all the other tines you guy will lead me to the right direction.as i was listening to vinyl tonight and notice that my right speaker is louder then my left,but sound even on CD player. could this be the tube in my separate phono pre? or something else?..thanks guy
ttrhp
Try to swap the L and R channel phono cable and see if the sound is consistantly lower on one side. It can then help you determine of it is from source or your phono section.
Dear Trhp: Listen to a mono LP, like Eldartford suggest, and tell us what happen.

The S23chang advise is a very good one too.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Thanks every one for all the helpful suggestion.I did try a few more albums today and some of them imaging just right,and some have uneven volume level on both speakers.i guess it just the recording..thanks for all the help..
It's your azimuth. Do you have a gimbal or unipivot tonearm? Is you table level? In fact, what kind of table, arm, and cartridge is it?
It could be the tubes. try to switch the tubes and if it moves then you can isolate the weak tube.

It could also be the cartridge. Get a tester and put it on 100ohms both channels should have almost the same reading if one channel is drastically way off then the cart's coil is ready to open. before you know it one channel will be dead.