How good are the Sony 9000es mods.?

I may trade for 9000es to put in a second system and wanted to hear from anyone who had one monified.
Tim
flemke
Try and get a hold of a member who uses the moniker scuba he has a 9000es that is modded and should definatly be broke in by now-he also has another SACD player he was going to compare it to(the 9000es that is).

I also have a 9000es un-modded and have no plans of getting it upgraded I just use it for DVD purposes and don't think I could justify an expense for merely video ;) For the money I think it is a great unit and with mods it is suppose to be MUCH better on every level. Like Stehno said; I am using a new capitole 32-192 Mk 2 now for cd playback and its not close to being in the same league as the 9000es(but there is a bit of a price difference so it can be justified!)
~Tim
I've had mods done by Modwright and the impovements are astounding. After the mods and break-in I had an opportunity to compare the sound with my friends' stock unit.

No contest, the 9000 has a lot of potential, go for it.

Check out www.modwright.com
While this doesn't bear directly on your question, I had Dan Wright of ModWright do his level 2 standalone and transport mods put in a SuperClock and ByBee filters on my Pioneer 38A (which is in about the same price range) and the improvement was immense. I would say the improvement upgrading from the 525 I had previously to the unmodified Pioneer 38A was about a 10% improvement, while Dan's mods were an 100% improvement. You might want to look for feedback on the ModWright forum at www.HarmonicDiscord.com. He does a lot of work on Sonys.

Greg
Chelillingworth

Which level mod did you get? I was looking at the web site and they show 3 levels plus bybee filters,tubed outputs,satalite navagation(in case you loose the remote).
I owned one breifly,but returned it to pick up the EAD theatervisionP. Of all the DVD players I looked at, the 9000 came in second in that catagory.
Tim
Well I just picked up a new 9000es for $700.00. Time to shop around for the mod. company to do the work.
Tim