Copper vs. Silver interconnects

We are running two systems from one CD player. We have a SET (tube, obviously) amp, a hybrid (tube outstage) amp, and the CD player also has a tube. I love my Verastarr silver reference interconnects, but it's always fun to try out different cables.

I have listened to a variety of copper cables (Kimber, DH Labs, Analysis Plus, Harmonic Technology, etc.), and I find them to lack the clarity and lively authority of the silver cables in these particular systems.

My question is this: do I stick with the silver cables (or gold, palladium, beryllium, etc.), or are their some copper interconnects that would really be worth trying? I'm asking for your collective expertise/experience on this one, as I don't want to continue going through the process of buying and selling cables that are only going to sound veiled and/or dull in comparison to the Verastarr's.

Thank you for the input.
128x128boa2
Best copper cable I've heard is the Luminous Audio Synchestra Reference, which I currently have in my system.

My system is all SS (Ayre, ARC, Meridian)
I went from silver foil (Lewis, Allen Wright, Goertz) to continious cast copper from Chimera Labs (Advantage is the product name) Not even close. The copper was better by far. If they are not an improvement, Dennis will give you your money back. Hard to beat that.
Steve
Let me ask you a different type of question, or to try a different type of comparison. Find a recording with a very clean ride cymbal being struck. I use Earl Klugh and Bob James "Two of a Kind". The track "Sandstorm" starts off with a ride cymbal and a deep drum being struck one after the other (a little piano noodling in the background too).

If you listen closely to the cymbal with different cables you will see what I mean - on my system with silver the cymbal shimmers and sounds like it is being struck on its edge or in the middle. With copper it sounds more like the nylon tip of the stick is striking the cymbal on the dome where it's screwed onto the stand, producing a rounder sound showing more brass and a better scope of the cymbal's size, with slightly less shimmer to it.

Which is correct? I don't know, but I like the tone of the copper cable better (on this song, in this system, etc.).

Enjoy,
Bob
i have good luck with the audience au24...it is a very neutral cable

another good cable is the wireworld super eclipse 5 ( silver plated copper). i have found this to be a good match with audio physic speakers.
It's preference. I have listen to silver cables and loved them because they bring out the high end particularly cymbals like Bob mentioned. However a good copper cable can do the same. I have found that the mixed strand cables seem to sound the best. I don't know your age and don't want to sound fatherly but years ago for a cable to be considered decent it had to have some silver. Then prices went through the roof and everyone started using copper to keep the prices reasonable. Today most manufactors use silver, gold, or a mix of copper / silver in thier high end cables. You may want to experiment with some hybrid cables like Siltech which uses silver & gold. They have a very natural sound compared to straight copper or silver. Something also to think abou is placement in your system. If you have bright interconnects, you can tone them down by your selection of speaker cables. I use bright interconnects(silver/gold) with copper speaker cables which are fairly large. I am working up to Kimbers 3035's which uses silver on the positive and copper on the negative. There next best speaker cable is all silver.What does that tell you? In any event the beauty of this hobby is that what ever sounds good to you make's it right for you.
Enjoy the music Woodman.