Will the Big Ben improve the 24 MXL?

I don't know if i should purchase one or not?
128x128tabl10s
IF you're using a transport with low jitter, the Big Ben(BB), IMO is of little value and may disgrade the sound quality. I've listened to both the BB and Genesis Digital Lens and prefer the DL, but the DL can't handle rates above 48K.

I haven't heard the 24 MXL, but from what I've read it appears to already have very effective jitter control circuits built in. How does it react to different quality
transports?
Elberoth & Kana813
You are comparing apples with pears. Big Ben is a stand alone word clock, Digital Lens is a reclocking device. See http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/bigben.php with links to very positive reviews.
As always: try out in your own system. The effects depend highly on the degree of perfectionism you've reached (and appreciate ;-) IMO slaving a transport to a DAC or (in this case) to an external word clock like Big Ben is nearly always an improvement. Degredation is very unlikely (also from a technical point of view), in contrast to inserting reclocking devices.
Lourenz- I understand how they work, I've had both in my system, have you? Both units are being purchased by audiophiles as jitter reduction devises, and as such when connected between the same transport and dac, my experience was the DL improved the sound, while the BB degraded it. The set-up performed at 44.1 was transport AES out-> BB AES in-> BB AES out-> dac AES in. There are many BB users using the unit in this manner, and they feel it makes an improvement.

I agree that clock slaving a transport to a DAC should produce an improvement, but most consumer transports and and dacs(including mine) do not have word clock inputs/outputs, so few will be able to use the BB for this function. I haven't tested a BB in this manner, so I don't know if it reduces jitter and improves performance.
There is a simple mod for the BB. The Toslink connection is disconnected. I think i still have the email that states this.
Tabl10s:
This is off subject in relation to the thread, but in response to your isolation query. In a conversation, JO was supportive of using isolation. I am using his older DAC, the M34DSB. I put a Townshend Seismic Sink under it.
Wow! I would never have expected such an improvement.