DACs: Burmester vs. Meitner vs. dcs

Any comments would be appreciated.
libor35
Dolphin, good question. i have heard both the Burmeister and dCS at CES both this year and last. i also have had the dCS in my room about 2 years ago......so my opinions are not only based upon this past weekend. i feel (especially on the dCS which i have heard multiple times in different systems) that the characteristics of both products are consistent thru the systems i have heard them in.

even more important; i strongly feel that all the systems i have heard these products in are sufficiently high-resolution that it is reasonable to compare the level of information presented by each product. i admit to not likeing the Burmeister preamp/amps/speakers but it is still quite high in resolution.

if you were to review my past posts you will see a common thread of specific qualification on my opinions as to the context of them. if i say an opinion is provisional-----it means that i believe it strongly enough to write it-----but not all the facts are yet in. my opinion in this case is more than a hunch or a feeling......clearly the Meitner does things that are unique......and i have heard the Meitner in enough different systems and compared to enough different digital sources to be confident with the truth of it.

i respect your skepticism toward any conclusions reached at shows......i share that skepticism. i think that my indication that my opinion is provisional and that i am a somewhat biased Meitner owner allows any reader to judge the credibility of my post for themselves.

those guys wanting to make decisions about these products are asking me about my opinion on a regular basis. i have had the opportunity to hear these products multiple times and have had high-performance digital products in the past. so i do feel i have a reasonable context to comment.
Re: Mike Lavigne "those guys wanting to make decisions about these products are asking me about my opinion on a regular basis."

This is precisely why I posted my question. Thanks, Mike. It is much appreciated.

And, of course, I will be listening on my own, but helpful and informed comments like these -- from a well-known audiophile who has had first-hand experience with lots of different high-end products -- do go some way in helping interested potential buyers narrow their list of choices. Having the means does not always equate to having the time.
The new review of the Meitner by D. Robinson in Positive Feedback is highly laudatory.
the biggest q is burmester vs. meitner vs. dcs vs. mbl vs.
weiss vs. goldmund probably the best 6 dacs in the world
which one is the most analogue and better value for money ?
out of the above, i have only auditioned the dCS stack. I didn't think that the dCS compared favorably to the Boulder 2020 Advance, using the dCS Verdi transport. The Boulder had a far more natural sound, and was every bit as detailed.