CD transport recommendations

Old system:
All CDs ripped lossless using dbPowerAmp, and played back using M1Clic streamed from dedicated hard drive. No CD player or other transport.

New System:
Replacing the M1Clic with the Moon 380D w/ balanced and Mind options.

I am thinking I want to add a CD transport to be able to play the occasional CD disc. What transport should I consider to do the 380D justice?

This is a dedicated 2-ch system with Moon preamp, amp. Frey interconnects. Focal 1008 Electra speakers. Shunyata power cords & Hydra alpha. REL 528.
fje00
I've got an EAD T1000 (Pioneer stable platter) and have always loved it. It plays every redbook cd I can put in it. ST optical out and coax digital out. I recently put it away since getting a squeezebox touch so...It's for sale. 8/10 shape and remote. Had a parasound top load transport for awhile and loved it as well but it was finiky about certain burned disc's. Not the EAD. Let me know if anyone is interested in buying or trading.
Grannyring,

Thanks. I don't know if I agree or disagree with you yet, but at least your giving us some good, usable info to go on. Also, the list of actual CD player models you use for comparison, I think, is very helpful. Thanks again.
Agree with Vhiner, the PS Audio PWT is excellent. I`ve heard a number well set up computer front ends and some did sound quite good.None were any 'better' than the PWT.To be fair though the PWT is a memory based unit rather than a read on the fly laser transport. The sound is natural and right, music not hifi.
Get a 2009 Mac Mini and purchase a Mojo Audio power supply for it. Read up on how to optimize it for music only. Also, the Mini should only play music from the SSD drive. I got a 256 SSD drive for it. I paid $1400 total and the combo is killer. Killer!

I use my iPad as a remote and can find and play any song or album in seconds.

Use the Amarra version that Steve at Empirical suggests as it sounds best. It is not the latest release, but an older one.

With a good dac you are in business.
Ditto CEC TL-1X. Mine is modded by RAM and refreshed by True Sound, and it makes magnificient, stately sound. No "digititis" here.

neal