Up grade to Dodson 218 ??

Has anyone heard the new Dodson 218 compared to the old 217 mk11D ?? And is Audio Aero and DCS in the same sonic camp as the Dodson ?? I've got the upgrade bug and need a new dac I have an older YBA2 cd player and am planning to use it as a transport only...what does one do??? thanks for your responses ken
kgamcdhotmail
Thanks Drubin. I'm DEFINITELY interested to hear what you think after the upgrade.
It's on it's way back to me. I think the software change is the biggest deal with this upgrade, but it also includes:

-three signal coupling capacitors in the digital input section

-an isolation pulse transformer added to the coax-1input

-some input impedance resistors were changed, and the input ground was changed to further isolate power line irregularities
Thanks again Drubin. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. By the way - and this can wait - I would also be interested to know what the upgrade costs.
My assessment of the latest upgrade is that it is certainly worthwhile at $400. To me, the Dodson sounds more refined, less mechanical, more analog-like. more involving than before.
Thanks very much Drubin. Did the tonal balance change at all? When you say "more involving" I'm wondering if it has more low level detail, i.e. is more transparent. Thanks again. I appreciate your thoughts.