Premier Redbook CD Transport or SACD Player?

I have gone through a few excellent DACs: Counterpoint DA10, Electrocompaniet ECD1 and now the awesome Manley Ref Tube DAC. I have used a Pioneer PD65 as a transport as well as the Muse Model 8 transport that I use in my HT setup. Both of these sound equally phenomenol with the above DACs. Rest of system is BAT VK31SE to a Counterpoint NPS400 amp and Thiel 3.6s which will soon be replaced as I return to Magnepan series 3 speakers. All cabling is NBS Statement except tonearm cable which is SilverAudio.

Perhaps I have gotten to the point where CDs will not get much better but I continue to chase the sound of my analog system: Clearaudio Ref TT/TQI Linear Arm/Koetsu Rosewood Sig or Clearaudio Accurate into a BAT VKP10. But would one of the CEC TL1 or TL2 transports take me a step closer or am I just better off to spend the money on an SACD player that perhaps would make a great transport and also bring me into the SACD world? I do not want any more products in the system than I need so if I can get by with a SACD player that also acts well as a CD transport this would be great....or am I truly better off with a transport optimized for CD playback?
jafox
Tireguy -- I bet you're thinking of a modded Philips (as in the Meitner combo)!!
Jafox, in the present state of digital, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high in trying to smoke your Clearaudio ref set-up. Maybe a J Allaerts or a VdenHul Colibri cartridge???

On topic, it would make more financial sense to acquire an integrated SACD/CD player or, indeed, just acquire a reasonably priced sacd cdp and mod it. IF you're INTERESTED in the sacd s/ware available. If NOT, why not just stay with what you have for now. Cheers
You haven't touched the capability of redbook cd if ou are not using Symposium Rollerblocks under you transport and using the Audio Desk CD Lathe and the Furutech RD-2 Demagnatizer. I know this may sound a little crazy but it is a whole new game with this stuff.
I recommend an SACD player which has a particularly good transport section. The original Sony SCD-1 had a transport section which beat my Levinson easily, and the friend who bought it from me says he would place it between the two CEC's in quality--both of which he has--which is a very nice neighborhood. I never cared for the Sony's CD playback, but since you have an external DAC that doesn't matter. On SACD it was very good. My Classe Omega, which replaced the Sony in my system, uses the same transport as the SCD-1, and I can't imagine replacing it (for now, anyway). There are still plenty of SCD-1's around.
Mgottlieb, "there are still plenty of SCD-1's around". True, this is still a current model avalible from Sony.

I agree with your comments on the transport. If I was looking for an SACD player to replace my SCD-1 I would want the ability to send the information from the transport to an outside DAC. Does Omega allow for SACD to be exported? With the Sony only redbook information can be exported, and with the newest DAC products on the market encoding SACD this is a drawback to some of the existing players.

Jafox, in answer to your question. I would look for something that does play SACD and allows for exporting to an outside DAC.(given your past intrest in DAC's) I've been saying for three years now that SACD is the future, to the point I believe people no longer listen. In my opinion SACD is here, if not it will be years before it dies and during that time you can enjoy both the new and old formats. How can it be a mistake to buy a SACD capable machine? Good luck and welcome to the 21st century.