Shanling CDT-100 Great or Bad ?

I have seen a lot of Shanling CDT-100 CD player in used market recently, and wondering why. Does it sound as it looks? Your experience/comment on this CD player is appreciated.

Thanks, -TT
ttmcv5bef4
I will also toss in my vote for the Shanling equipment. I must admit that I purchased my cdt-100 in large part because of how incredible it looks. I have lived with it now for several months and enjoy it thoroughly. Bang for the buck, it has all the right things going for it: great sound, gorgeous looks, quility construction, great ease of use and the right mix of features: hdcd, volume, digital out, adjustable feet, etc.

I would also toss in my vote for other Shanling and musichall equipment. I have since purchased the Shanling STP-80a integrated tube amplifier and a Musichall Maverick SACD player. Both are excellent. I'm saving up for a CDT-200 SACD player for another room. These are great components and fair prices that also have alot of class.
I'm using mine with a CJ MV60 and PV14L. I was initially concerned about too much tube in my system. Tried both the ss and tube.. once I switched to the tube output I had no looking back. I also like the cary, arcam fmj, and musical fidelity players. The CDT200 sounded good as well but even 1.5 yrs ago it seemed like SACD was on a short fuse.. so I decided to save about $1k and go to the t100. And who says audio can't look good... how many people would buy an ugly Ferrari? Do you pick an ugly wife? no.. do you pick a brainless bimbo? well not for long.. audio is no different it is all about balance...
I have had this player for 2 years now. I felt this was an incredible purchase for the price. The ability to roll the tubes was a plus. Changing the tubes resulted in an incredible sound that frankly, stopped me in my tracks to modify the unit.

However, as audio is a bug, I was bit hard after reading far too many glowing reviews of modified units. A most recent review regarding the Empirical Audio mod (equating it to a Meitner!! And surpassing it!) had me salivating. So I bit, I had it modified by two outfits, surpassing even the Empirical Audio modifications.

Without hesitation I can confidently claim I have never heard Redbook sound better, nor Vinyl for that matter. And if there is a vinyl rig that can beat this...then I am simply not worthy ;)