Jolida JD100. How good is it?

Have been using my dvd for stereo and would like to improve. The sound is good but not great. Seems shallow. Dymanics are there but blurred together. Looking for a warmer sound and seperation of instruments. Have read reviews on the jolida but would appreciate input and any other suggested players. Price range around 500 and used will be fine unless there are reasons not to go used on a cd player. Listen to all types of music with exception of rap, hip hop, and head slammer.
Current system:
Denon avr 2800 (will go seperates soon), Onkyo integra dvd, Polk audio speakers, Bryston 3b(front two), Velodyne hgs10.
scoly1
You are welcome, Rkt.

May I be so bold as to suggest a future speaker upgrade where you will not have to sacrifice even your second born?

Have you ever heard of Apogee? There are some Stage speakers with stands selling for 1k now here. Talking about a cheap treat!

Check the Apogee Stage out:

http://69.10.198.101/stage.htm
Follow up: I will break in the Jolida when it arrives and try the russian tubes tha Response Audio includes with purchase. Then I will try the RCA's. I have to find the Sylvania's 5751 somewhere. The upgrade bug has bitten me and Im infected!
If you are buying the unit from Bill Baker, you better give the Jolida a month's use before calling him or he will bite your head off.

I know; having the half a brain he left me with is why I stay in this hobby. ;)
Muralman1, Thanks again! I will check up on the Apogee. I had a friend yeras ago who ran a store called Hoffman's House of Stereo. I was fortunate to be able to hear in my system lots of high end gear without having to purchase them blindly. I learned that no matter how highly certain equipment was lauded by Stereophile or any other publication some just dont live up to the hype. Of course it could have been a case of mismatched components. It makes all of this a wild goose chase of sorts. My friend passed away and I dont have that privledge anymore.I am relying on these discussion forums to help bring me up to speed. The kind of music people listen to and their subjectivity complicates matters as well. I listen to mostly Classical music and I like rich ,warm, sound with a big soundstage. If the Apogee can produce that kind of sound I want it!
I know about the break in period. I read your battle with Socrates about the Jolida. My harmonic technology interconnects sounded HORRIBLE out of the box. I was really depressed big time. Ater they cooked up for a period of time the gates of heaven opened...........