Jolida JD100. How good is it?

Have been using my dvd for stereo and would like to improve. The sound is good but not great. Seems shallow. Dymanics are there but blurred together. Looking for a warmer sound and seperation of instruments. Have read reviews on the jolida but would appreciate input and any other suggested players. Price range around 500 and used will be fine unless there are reasons not to go used on a cd player. Listen to all types of music with exception of rap, hip hop, and head slammer.
Current system:
Denon avr 2800 (will go seperates soon), Onkyo integra dvd, Polk audio speakers, Bryston 3b(front two), Velodyne hgs10.
scoly1
Muralman1, Thanks again! I will check up on the Apogee. I had a friend yeras ago who ran a store called Hoffman's House of Stereo. I was fortunate to be able to hear in my system lots of high end gear without having to purchase them blindly. I learned that no matter how highly certain equipment was lauded by Stereophile or any other publication some just dont live up to the hype. Of course it could have been a case of mismatched components. It makes all of this a wild goose chase of sorts. My friend passed away and I dont have that privledge anymore.I am relying on these discussion forums to help bring me up to speed. The kind of music people listen to and their subjectivity complicates matters as well. I listen to mostly Classical music and I like rich ,warm, sound with a big soundstage. If the Apogee can produce that kind of sound I want it!
I know about the break in period. I read your battle with Socrates about the Jolida. My harmonic technology interconnects sounded HORRIBLE out of the box. I was really depressed big time. Ater they cooked up for a period of time the gates of heaven opened...........
Muralman! I just received my JD-100 today. Wow! It sounded damn good right out of the box! This player is going to awesome when I update the power cord and get it burned in. I was worried it might sound overly mellow but it has plenty of bite and a nice harmonic richness to it. Soundstage is big and Im suprised that it has more detail than my old NAD player which excelled in that area. I cant imagine what a tube roll could do. Doesnt seem to have much room to get better or can it? Im in heaven!
Mine sounded great outta the box as well. It absolutely gets better with time! and tubes too!!!

Enjoy.....its an outstanding value.