Jolida JD100. How good is it?

Have been using my dvd for stereo and would like to improve. The sound is good but not great. Seems shallow. Dymanics are there but blurred together. Looking for a warmer sound and seperation of instruments. Have read reviews on the jolida but would appreciate input and any other suggested players. Price range around 500 and used will be fine unless there are reasons not to go used on a cd player. Listen to all types of music with exception of rap, hip hop, and head slammer.
Current system:
Denon avr 2800 (will go seperates soon), Onkyo integra dvd, Polk audio speakers, Bryston 3b(front two), Velodyne hgs10.
scoly1
Muralman, Your critique on the various tubes seems to be in line with other summations I have picked up on the web. The telefunken's according to some may win the prize for the most overrated tube.Raytheon is getting a lot of praise as a sleeper tube that is quite good. I did find some Sylvania JAN 5751 and WA greyplate triple mica Premium. They are NOS with 1963 date codes. Only 23.00 a tube so I thought they where worth a try. Sovtek's are hated by everyone....I guess I should remove them from my Pre-amp. Dont the same people make the Electro -Harmonic tube?
The EH tube is not great for everyone. I'm no expert on pre amp tubes. I have heard that they react quite differently to tubes than do cdps. You will have to do another search for the pre amp.
Tried the RCA 5751 triple blackplates(NOS) in the Jolida. They are very smooth,detailed but just a touch dry in my system. Soundstage dropped back just a bit from the stock tubes. All in all I prefer the chinese stock tubes to the RCA's. I await my Sylvania tubes. Finally found the Sylvania 5751 Triple Blackplate mica etc. It doesnt have the gold pins though. Eager to hear if they bring a little more liquidity and I hope they push the sound a little more forward.
One of the traits of 5751 Sylvania is a slight forward presentation. I like that. The RCA is the favorite of most 5751 fans. However, we have discussed how tubes are system reliant. How did you find the black plates without my help? I didn't think that was possible. Good sleuthing.
I am one obsessive devil when I search for something. The secret is to enjoy the search and leave no stones unturned.My system is very close to being where I want it and I cant stop this close to the finish line. I did follow up on the Apogee speakers but I see no point in tracking down another speaker which is no longer made. It just leads to heartbreak! By the way have you or any one else experimented with mixing brands in your Players? One tube Sylvania and one tube RCA? They are both 5751's or is that a No-No? Perhaps a crazy thought...just wondering!