Best used dac under $2000

I am new to the world of dac's. so forgive me if I sound foolish.
It would need to have an optical digital out to pass the digital signal through to a room correction unit associated with the speakers. If sound is of question, I favor a less analytical sound and more liquid and detailed.

Thank you in advance

jrud
I've heard the Bel Canto, the Chord and Musical Fidelity dac side-by-side at a dealer. The Musical Fidelity A3 24 is the one that came home with me, FWIW. Different strokes for different folks, of course. The MF dac only shines with a great transport, however, not just any cd player will do....
"You ever here of Plato? Socrates? ...MORONS!"

Wow, that's interesting that you preferred the MF over the Bel Canto and Chord. Maybe it's because I just haven't heard enough about it. I've only had experience with the Bel Canto DAC 1.1 and my current Kora Hermes which I love.
The newer Kora is the only external dac left (In my price range) that I would really like to hear next to the others, but as it comes up for sale used rarely I doubt I'll have the chance. I'm still playing with different cd players and dacs at home before settling down, I have only a couple more left on my short list. I have been very impressed with the MF dac, but ONLY when attached to a good, dedicated transport, otherwise it's nothing special.
The people at CES told me they thought the Hermes 2 was a big step up over the one I have. Although the exterior appearance hasn't changed, the innards are supposedly completely different.
Would you guys check my thread and leave some advice:

"How much to spend on a cd changer as a transport"

And Princess Bride is a classic!!!!