Telarc recording quality

I have several Telarc CDs, some classical and some jazz, the jazz being mostly Tierney Sutton's recordings. I am always amazed (and delighted) at the quality of the recordings. Sutton's CDs, in particular, are clean with an immediate sound, so to speak, as well as being superbly balanced and focused.

What is it that Telarc does so well that others don't? Or, are my ears really screwed up?!
128x128cpdunn99
Rcprince- mahalo for answering my question.

The low output levels can be heard on Michel Camilo's Live at the Blue Note. Excellent music, but I need
to turn it up at least 6 dbs higher than other live jazz recordings. If you have the SACD, I'd be interested in
how it performs.
Telarc recording quality has gone through a number of overall sonic changes during the past 20 years or so. The very early ones were well balanced, and quite musical. Then they turned a bit dull, (a reaction, I suspect to early complaints that CD sound was too harsh>) Today, they are a mixed bag, with some quite realistic and musical, and others (especially some of the SACD's) a bit bright and "tizzy". One should try to listen to any Telarc recording before purchase. Also, a question, why did they stop issuing the excellent Soundstream recordings in SACD?
Don't know the answer to your question, Irishdog. But the more I listen to the Tierney Sutton catalog, the more I like them! With this artist, at least, they are doing something right, at least MY ears think so.