Is Exemplar the answer?

I'm looking for the best red book source I can find at around $5000 or under. I came very close to buying an Esoteric DV50, but reconsidered after hearing about John Tucker's Exemplar Audio mod of the Denon 2900. Have you heard this player, and how would you compare it to the best red book sources you have heard. It's fine to have a player that will play every format known to man, and having a universal player is a nice bonus, but my cd collection is almost all red book, and I want to get the most from the titles I currently have.

Thanks
84audio
Hey, we're not going to get into a Modwright vs. Exemplar battle here are we? I'm certain both are excellent. Dan's Sony 999ES has received a glowing review on the "Stereo Times" website, and having owned one of Dan's machines, I can tell you he does stunningly good work. A machine from either modder would make the buyer quite happy.
Right now I have the APL modded SACD 1000 AND the exemplar, as of today the APL wins. I am sure Dans mods are excellent too. All will depend on YOUR EARS,not a reviewers. Plus you need to listen to your own music(tastes, likes)with all ancillary equipment...amps/speakers/wire/room. I understand my Exemplar is not broken in yet, but Tbg, do not make unwarranted claims, ie:the exemplar is best. I understand you have had other highend players in you system. I have them currently together, a/b'ing thru Johns pre-amp. I can only say what I hear. IMHO I cannot pass judgement yet. In time I will, and I also will have DAN do a mod for me too. BTW if any of you guys want the denon 3910 I have a GREAT source for it, as all three guys will be modding this player. This is a favor AND a great deal.
I just bought a 3910 and intend to have it modded. I've read archives but the mod people are often referred to by first name and I can't get straight who is who. I believe I have read of at least 4 different companies. It seems that every customer is wildly happy with their product no matter who did what mod.

Can anyone offer a brief overview of who runs which of the major Denon-modding companies, and any distinguishing characteristics or credentials that could be a starting point for trying to decide who to go with? I'm attracted to the idea of a tube mod - do only some offer that?

Thanks
Bbeezley, you're going to get several opinions, and you'll never get a consensus of which is best. I'd suggest contacting each of the following modders by phone, ask them questions, and decide for yourself. Perhaps there's someone in your area who owns one of the modded players. Bottom line, I don't think you'll be disappointed with any machine from the following modders:
Dan Wright http://www.Modwright.com
Alex Peychev http://www.aplhifi.com
John Tucker http://www.exemplaraudio.com
At VSAC I heard all three plus the outstanding Allen Wright unit. Conditions were deplorable. I already had the Exemplar in its first version. I bought an Allen Wright unit shortly afterwards. All of this is a moving target as moders are not stuck in place. But the latest Exemplar is so superior to many other exceptional units I have heard, that I doubt if Alex's, Dan's, or Allen's unit can outperform it. Sorry, smilin, but it is no more an "unwarranted claims" for me to make it at this time than for you to do so later.