About the EMM Labs DAC

It seems that the EMM Labs DAC only can achieve optimal performance in conjunction with the proprietary Philips or Meitner transport. Does anyone know what might be the reason for this synergy? To me the Philips transport is just another mass production unit with quite an ordinary built quality. But where lies the secret? Is it due to another clock, D/A-converter chip or digital filter? If the Meitner modification is truly an improvement, why can it not be applied to other transports?

Dazzdax
dazzdax
You know what? If you buy a Porsche Carerra, you can't haul the soccer team around. There are always trade-offs. The Linn CD12 costs $20,000 and doesn't play SACD or DVD-A. Since no player or format will make badly recorded software sound like well engineered software,
it is a moot point, you can say that about any player, be it digital, analogue, or whatever -- so, why bring it up? The problem is that if
this player is above the price at which you feel comfortable, you need to find reasons NOT to buy it -- like -- it won't make your coffee, won't walk your dog. People who are buying the high end players like
EMM Labs will just buy another high end player to play DVD-A, just like the guy that owns a porsche will usually have several other cars. And -- the point about high-rez is also moot. Like I said, if High Rez dies,
which I doubt -- follow this -- then we will all be stuck with redbook CD as the standard of digital playback -- and I will have a player that converts redbook to DSD and is the best redbook player out there -- to my ears. And -- I have heard redbook CD's on the Meitner that never sounded right with any other player sound amazing on the Meitner --
it is just a great player and must be heard to be believed.
Tim, check this out. The DCC2 and new transport. The SRA stands and rack will be at my house after the show. Kevin out did himself again!

http://www.audiofederation.com/catalog/show-reports/CES-January-2004/day1/index.htm

Michael
ok when is the DCC 2 and transport supposed to actually start shipping and price for the transport will be?