audio logic 34- upgrade info

any owners famaliar or have an opinion on the upgrade to the current model boards, I understand there are 2 options, any comments appreciated, also tube suggestions
renotunes
Brooksl,
I found there are a few different model variations among the Model 34.
I had Bigkidz's 34 in my system before I received mine, it was an earlier model with a different circuit board layout and so on. I did some tube swapping (same tubes in both) and found them to sound identical.
The unit I have was Jerry's personal one he took to some shows (confirmed by previous owner)
A third variation of the 34 popped up in the listings yesterday and I noticed it has a different faceplate and knobs, but the power supply is identical.............
All of these can be upgraded to 2400 status or the newer tranformer-coupled 24 MXL version which does away with a pair of tubes in the power supply section of the DAC.
I personally like mine the way it is and have no quarrels about it, tube swapping takes care of my sound and is fun to do (sometimes a P.I.A. though)
System dependency and personal taste dicate this to me.
A review is coming up on the 24 MXL, forgot which mag, outta be REAL interesting, they're comparing it to another top notch hitter.
Rx8man, thanks for the upgrade info.. I have the 24mxl and I was wondering if there were upgrades for it. I thought I saw the 24mxl on the 6moons upcoming review list. However, it is not there anymore.
While my 34 is/was an earlier model the owner had it upgraded with the new 24/96 chip set and whatever Jerry adds to that upgrade ($1100) so most likely Rx8man's and mine are the same in parts. I have heard the newest version and it is slightly clearer sounding, a little more dynamic and less round bass for $700 more for the upgrade to the older 34.

Happy Listening.