Chinese CD players vs. Arcam

i am wanting to buy a Arcam 73T cd player, but was wondering how these chinese players compete. mainly the Consonance, Cayin, Eastern Electric.

any comments appreciated
128x128kray
Trelja,

I kinda had it narrowed down to the Arcam 72 or 73t and the Music Hall MMF 25.

was just wondering about these other players, especially the ones with a tube output.
i just recieved a shengya tube cd player from china-very well built and sounds very nice-only 300$
Kray, I just sold my MMF25, and it was one heck of a player. I had to jump up to a reference level CD player to actually outshine it. I feel so strongly about it, I recently submitted a thread about the player
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1089461341&read&keyw&zztrelja+recommendation+mmf25

I have not listened to most of the new wave of Chinese imports, but the reliability, sonics, build quality, and having a Roy Hall behind the company make it a clear choice for me. Put it this way, I can't recommend the player enough to people, and if I ever need another non reference level player, I won't even have to think about it.
Trelja - what CD player did you end up getting?

can you compare the arcam and the music hall?
My 73T has a sticker on the back of the unit stating Manufactured in PRC which I take as Peoples Republic of China. A friend bought an 82 which clearly is marked Made in the UK. I have had my 73 for a couple of weeks and find it to be a nice sounding player. I prefer it to the Cambridge 640 and Jolida JD100. The one thing that I do not like and I find this on nearly all the units I have looked at recently is the really flimsy drawer and general plasticky construction. The Cambridge and Jolida have nicer casework than the Arcam. The transport on the Cambridge I had was noisy and the tranport on the Jolida was the typical run of the mill Phillips. Under the hood these players all had construction with robust power supplies, dampned chassis, good parts quality, the stuff that counts but I think for the increased cost the transports should be of a better quality than your basic $60 Best Buy unit.