Linn Ikemi still viable at 4k

Hello fellow audiogoners, wondering if the Ikemi is
still a contender in the 3/4thousand price range. I am contemplating the purchase of a demo, but not sure it
competes with the newer technologies. I cannot compare to anything else as there is no chance of demoing at home. I would appreciate your thoughts.
thanks
cody
I have owned a lot of Linn demoed equipment, some of which have unfortunately been sent back to Linn for warranty repair. My old Majik was in its four year of ownership. In my experiences, the warranty starts the day I purchase the equipment from the dealer and not the day he opens the box.

The only time I have had a warranty issue is when my second hand Ikemi stopped working. It was flat $350 to replace the transport and laser.

Sorry I cannot comment on the DV-50. I do agree that the Ikemi will prolly end of life soon, like the CD12 has. FWIW, I have read someone who spoke with Linn at CEDIA who stated there is no Uni 3.1 on the road map.

tim
I liked the Cary 303/200 better at the price, and I have an LP12 for vinyl. For what it's worth!
I that price range you should look for:
MARANTZ DV - 12 S2
MERIDIAN 588
NAIM CDX
ICOS CD Pro
SONY SCD - 77 ES

Forget about Linn.
I've owned an Ikemi for several years now and think it is a great player, provided your main music is not rock. I have not heard a better player for jazz, acoustic and vocals, but it doesn't have a tremendous amount of bass. On the other hand, you won't get better mids and highs without spending a whole lot more money. I do agree with Kennyt, you should not spend more than $2500 for a demo and at that price, it's a great value.