Sony SCD-XA9000. Comments, Opinions?

I want to replace my Denon DV-2200 with which I'm not entirely happy. It lacks focus; especially compared with analog. It's also a little brash in the high end. I'd rather not spend extra buckxs on a universal player, but the Esoteric DV-50 is looking interesting. There's a very favorable review of the Sony in last December's Stereophile, but I'd like to hear some candid reports from the trenches. My system has an ARC SP16 preamp, Musical Fidelity A3CR amp and B&W N803 speakers. I'm open to any and all suggestions under $6500. Thanks.
pscialli
Dear Dr. Pscialli, it would be most enlightening if someone could compare the Sony SCD-XA9000 with the Esoteric DP-50 and the Krell SACD Standard. Are the latter somewhat more expensive two units worth the price premium?
Well, the SACD Standard is discontinued now. This makes me think that Krell is going to introduce a universal player soon, I'm guessing at the $8k price point. I've just caught wind of the Merantz SA-11 which is a 2-channel only SACD and Redbook player. It is said to be the successor to the SA-14V2 whichis well reviewed. I may have a chance to hear some Merantz gear later this week, maybe evenup against the Linn stuff.
The Krell SACD Standard was discontinued because Philips discontinued the transport.