Sony Legacy SACD Players - SCD-1, 777ES, XA-777ES

I am currently in the newbie market for a very good-to-great SACD player and was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on the differences between these three heralded Sony SACD legacy players, all obsolete now:

1. Sony SCD-1 - original two channel from 2000, balanced inputs
2. Sony 777ES - two channel from 2001, w/o balanced inputs
3. Sony XA-777ES - multi-channel player

I was wondering not only about their sonic differences, but if there were any reliability or usability issues between the three players. From what I have seen here on Agon, these can be had on the used market for less than $2,200. Has anyone heard all three of these?

Also, is there anything on the market today that competes with these legacy players, for less money new? Opinions? Thanks.
doonie
I have owned several Sony CD players, changers, and SACD/CD players and changers over many years. I have NEVER had any reliability issues with any of them! They are the most reliable brand I have ever owned by far.
You guys can say what you want about the reliability of Sony cdp's. I never commented about reliability issues on Sony's. But I definitely stand by my comments that stock Sony cdp's are average at best on redbook. Especially when compared against other high end players. And that goes for any and all of the high end models! Check out comments on audioreview and audiogon.

Czbbcl, So there you goooooooo!!

AVGURU
http://www.audioreview.com/digital-sources/cd-players/PRD_117166_1586crx.aspx
I've recently gone from a Tube staged Metronome, to the xa-777es and I am floored by the smooth musicality of both redbook and sacd playback. I believe their is an anti sony bias because of the pedstrian end of their product line. These top of the table units are true class a units.