Wadia 27ix Clock Synch w/ Transport-good thing?

I'm thinking I'd like a Wadia 270 Transport. I understand it can synch it's clock with the Wadia 27ix. Is the clock synch a big plus? It certainly limits the Transport/DAC pairings. Could it be that there's that much advantage to clock-synchronizations or can you run just about any DAC with the 270 Transport?
wm2001
I believe the Optimism v1 is no longer being made and has been replaced by the Optimism v2. The v1 is orange while the v2 is lime green. If you're using ATT glass with your Wadias these are the way to go. You should also consider the Aural Symphonics ioGel. I have always been curious about other interconnects between my Wadias though. I'm going to audition the Marigo Apparition 5.7 balanced soon. BTW: Aural Symphonics has a direct trade-in deal on the Optimism, v1 + $500 = v2. If I find something better I'll use the v2 for clocklink.
One more thing on this subject. I know Wadia prefers and recommends glass interconnects for their product but that doesn't mean there's nothing sonically better out there. I keep experimenting.
Hi Dennis and Rja,

I just received an 861se. The 27ix ver. 3 270se combo - which I really enjoyed - was the last one in a parade of many I had while waiting for the 861.

I now use VD Nite II all around. I used a VD David XLR digital cable with the combo, which turned me on to Virtual Dynamics.

Back to the music. Jim
Jim if you really enjoy the Nite then you should try the Master, it has a truly wonderful sound that has limitless dynamics. The difference is across the board and it gives the music a totally relaxed presentation while improving both the bottom end and the upper extension in the high treble. Iam glad that you are able to enjoy your new player and I also love my Wadia combo. Take care Dennis