Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
What a wonderful thread! I started this a long time ago, how ever when the turmoil ruled it was deleted(part of the old site news section) so a great time to touch base with an important and curious topic. I am the Tireguy or so my license plate says, I have a fondness of those black round little things, sigh.... And I have heard it all including Tiredguy and the like ;) nothing catchy to it unfortunately no mystery. Where I live I am known as Tim The Tire Guy and am afforded rights of being a small time celebrity-I am my own biggest fan :) keep them coming there's more then a few(monikers) I am curious about!
I am actually using my first name. I'm the third in our family and figured no one else has this name so go ahead and flaunt it.I go under the username "Dorkbrains" in Ebay.I tried Sherod and someone else was using it.Go figure.I was tired that night and tried some of my favorite nicknames to find they were all being used so I went with "dorkbrains" out of frustration.Needless to say, growing up with a name like Sherod,for a boy, that was tough in a small, "red-neck" town.I once told my parents they should have named me Sue...
SwampWalker: No offense, but after El Dragon's post a few years back I always "think" SwampKiller though I read SwampWalker (can't get that one out of my head:-).
Dekay, maybe you've solved the Swampwalker mystery?!?!

First initial for Wayne, last name. I should have used Hopey which is my fiancee's nickname. That way we could be spending more quality time together...
I get asked this a lot. I was one of the very first internet junkies at AOL over ten years ago (time flies!). At that time, there was only one user name per subscriber. My roommate and I were huge Pippi Longstocking fans and decided this would be a good common denomintor for the two of us. I ended up with the name for the long term.