Ayre CX-7 vs. Meridian G08 ?

Anyone had the chance to compare these two units? I'm in the market for a new one-box CD player and am leaning towards the Ayre CX-7 unit. Thanks in advance for any input you may have on these two units.
cjlundgren
Zosima --

Which Audio Aero player did you own? I ave the Capitole 24/192 and am curious how it compares to either the G07 or G08.
Denf, I have just replaced my 588 with a new Capitole after a series of auditions which included the G08. Based on Sue Kraft's review of the G series in TAS I expected the G08 to be substantially better than my 588. It wasn't. It was, like my 588, an outstanding cdp that captured the essence of the music I played, with very good staging, and very good low frequency reproduction. That said, after hearing the AA in my system I bought it. The soundstage is wider, but the real improvement is how well the stage is defined. Rounder, fuller if you like. The bass is, surprisingly, even more articulate than my 588. Prior to this upgrade I maintained that I wouldn't replace my 588 unless another product compelled me to purchase it. Yes, it is more than twice the srp of the G08 but, for me, the difference was worth it.
Denf, yes I think you should keep the capitole. It's an excellent player as are the Meridians. Different flavor, different prices.
Thanks guys. Yeah, I really love my Capitole, but it is starting to get quite a few hours on it, so I begin to worry about possible future repair issues.

I will probably step up to the new MKII version of the Capitole, if I make any change at all.

Lastly, I owned a BAT VK-d5 (non SE version) and always thought it too was a very musical beast. Anyone compared the "SE" version of the BAT to the A.A.??