What are TCXO and Superclock?

What are TCXO and Superclock?
What are their differences?
Which one gives better performance on CD players?
What kind of improvements (of a modded player) over stock CD players should one expect to hear?
When looking for (good/excellent) aftermarket TCXO or Superclock, what should one look for?
ethifi
My Eastsound CDP has a TCCO as standard. A importer borrowed mine and was really suprised that it was a all SS design. He was very suprised there weren't any tubes in the unit.

How much the TCCO contributes to the "analog/tube" sound I'm not sure. What I did find out reading on line was that a TCCO theoretically can cut timing errors to 1/20th of a non TCCO unit. How this works out in practice and the advantages in real life, as stated not really sure. I do know several CDP's above $4000 use the TCCO. Wadia, Gryphon and Gamut being among those

BW Maxx
I plan to mod my Marantz SA-14 v2 CD/SACD player and has two options: use a TCXO (available locally) or a Superclock (need to import).
If I understand Audioengr's point correctly, because TCXO has minimal/no circuit to minimize jitter, Superclock is a better choice to improve CD playback performance? I read that some superclocks use TCXO for the timing part.
I don't think thats correct. You may want to research Jitter. From what I have read a CD will spin at a slighly slower or faster rate goverened by the amount of timing error.

A TCCO/TCXO clock being very precise, minimizes these variations of the transport/mechanism slowing and speeding up. This variation in timing speed may very well be Jitter. Don't know haven't researched Jitter myself.

Like I stated before Wadia, Gryphon, Gamut as well as Mark Levinson use TCCO clocks. These are all Megabuck players and I'm sure there are some advantages in using a temperature control clock vs. a non temperature control clock or they wouldn't bother with the expense.

Go to their websites and you will find some info on TCCO/TCXO clocks. Do a google search. Most of the info I was able to find on temperature control clocks was on non audio sites.