Diana Krall - What is your favorite CD of hers?

Diana Krall fans, what is you favorite CD of hers and what is your least favorite?
brianmgrarcom
I have had mixed emotions about some Diana Kralls songs. Her timing sometimes is a little out of rhythm to my ear. But I still continue to buy her cd's because I do enjoy most of her music.

The first time I was introduced to serious two channel listening, my friend played "Let's Face the Music and Dance"from her "When I look in your eyes" cd. I thought the music was so engaging that I asked him to turn it off. I couldn't believe a voice could stir up so much emotion inside of me.

Anyway, I recently saw her live. Her performance IMO was everything I hoped for and more. The band was excellent as well. I now have a newfound respect for her talent.
Live in Paris (on DVD) because she plays all her good stuff. I agree with twl on not having found here "style" or more the proper phrasing on her vocals. She plays the piano as good as any pure pianist.

Her two biggest problems (IMHO) are:

1. She needs to develop her voice and particularly her phrasing. She has loads of natural talent but she misses the timing allot and puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable more than I like. And as long as I'm picking on her singing, I'd really like to see her develop more of a soulful style.

2. She needs to get as far away from Tommy Mattola as possible. He is the worst producer that she could find. He is more a purveyor of schlock than of quality product, but you guys already knew that. I have friends that can produce better quality recordings in their garage than he can in Sony's best LA recording studio.

I think that she's only about 25 years old; she could be around for another 30 or 40 years and just get better and better. Frank Sinatra wasn't all that good in his twenties; he didn't hit his peak until he was in his forties.
ive known miss krall for years, she is a world class piano player with a very sultry voice, her band is also world class. have all her recorded music and a lot of not produced for sell music, all for you is my personal fav along with the song boulevard of broken dreams my fav, the look of love takes a while to grow on you but it comes around and starts to sound pretty damn good. the producer is tommy lipuma by the way.and live she is as good as anyone. the dvd is very good ,guitar could be a little louder. regards mike
My go to Diana Krall CD is "Steppin' Out" from 1993, one people don't usually list as their favorite. Body and Soul, 42nd Street and Jimmie are my favorite cuts. I like all her later releases too, even to an extent "The Look of Love".
I enjoy "LOve Scenes"
the setting with Kristen McBride on standup bass is very well recorded. I also believe she should move away from TOmmy and I don't like the way she is packaged as this sex kitten, reminds me of sax pin up Candy Duffler who had no jazz chops.

THe live in Paris DVD is quite nice, but I prefer just the audio of love scenes, the newest Look of Love disc doesn't do anything for me.

Frankly I'd give a slight nod to Patricia Barber over Diana