what CD player between 1-2K

I find that the higher priced CD players pursue playing perfection but create porblems on their own. I'm looking for a good sounding player that can handle female vocals as well as full symphony orchestras. It seem, when the mids get overloaded the sound strains and loses detail. I have tried several $400-$1000 units with several types of solid state electronics & speakers. It seems the more you pay for the player, the more this midrange trouble occurs.
I presently have a Cary 308 player but I'm looking for something with more consistent or forgiving sound performance. I listen to jazz, blues, chamber music, opera and symphonies. My present electronics are Coda and my speakers are ProAc D15's.
jihley
The Jolida would be a good player to fix your midrange issues. Buy a couple of different makes of NOS tubes and roll until you are content.

Good luck!
Hi Jihley.....
It appears that my musical taste is similar so I understand your quest...
I had the Jolida JD-100 for over a year and a half...I bonded with that player so much I couldn't imagine replacing it.I easily could have lived with this player forever....however,despite the gorgeous sweetness of that player,(and perfection on female vocals) it does lack in detail needed to fully realize large scale orchestral...That is 90% of my listening...
I purchased the Audio Aero Prima, what seemed to be the logical upgrade according to trusted ears here, but oddly enough I found it dry and disinteresting. I'm sure it was some kind of system syngergy mis-match but
I sold it . The new owner loves it.
Just by chance and some kind of uncanny instinct, I purchased a BAT VK-D5..
a 6-tube CDP. I was immediately in love. It retains all the sweetness of the Jolida but sorts out complex music on a realistic and expansive soundstage.
Finally, I am hearing a symphony orchestra in full regalia.I believe have found my CDP nirvana.
The downside is, this model is many years old (mine is 6 years old) so if buying an older unit makes you nervous it may not be a consideration.

On a side note, have you tried a different amp with your Cary? I briefly had a Coda amp and I found it sterile and slightly harsh.

Good luck...it's such euphoria when you finally find your own magic.
Susan
I had the Rega and switched to the Cary 308. Both fine players but with the increased resolution in the Cary came increased glare. I now have a Copland CDA-289 (not to be confused with the 266 or 288). It's in your price range and if you can find one I highly recommend it. I have had many comments about it's smooth, artifact free sound.
The Cary 308T is the best of both worlds (I used Mullard tubes). The glare is reduced compared to the 308, but you still get more detail than the Jolida. The Jolida, however, is the best value I think.

Rob