Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof
I bought a pair of Silver Signatures (list $8000) and later a Linn 5160 subwoofer. For years, I assumed there is a point of diminishing returns in stereo equipment--it seemed to me that as long as my ears were the weakest component in the system, it was good enough. I didn't understand about psychoacoustics then. We evaluate sound in a great many different ways, and there is a magic that happens when a system is good enough. You stop listening to a stereo system and simply listen to music. In comparison, listening to poorer systems takes effort, and is tiring, rather the way that reading for long periods on a computer monitor is tiring. The differences may be subliminal, but they are very real.
In my dreams! With a wife, 3 kids, and a healthy guilt complex about indulging myself, I have a hard time supersizing my quarter pounder meal! I've never even bought a set of speakers! Have always made my own-(Remember Mcgee Electronics? I was a big customer). Results have been mixed-have yet to build a set I couldn't find fault with. My midlife crisis is just around the corner though and I've actually been auditioning speakers that weren't built in the garage. I've been asking myself daily "Will you actually spend 500.00 for speakers?" If I go stark raving mad and actually go for some serious high end stuff, where would be a good place to look in the detroit area?
Yes,why not anything more is a waste, two best speakers for 5K are....Audio Physics Virgo and ProAc 2.5....... and this should give you your AUDIO NIRVANA........ PS. ProAc prefer tube stuff so stick with that..hint,hint HAPPY LISTENING
Oh yes! And if I ever had the means ($) of doing so, I would head straight for my nearest pro-audio dealer, and order myself a pair of EAW front house stacks, and a stack of SB1000's (EAW 18" floor subs). EAW is absolutely the highest quality best sounding speaker in the market, consider going and listening to some...you will be impressed!
Spend $5000 and get yourself a good pair of used speakers and you'll be fat better off than buying a new pair. That way you can have a $15,000 pair for $5000.