Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof
Yes, I would spend over $5000.00; however, I agree with some of the earlier posts that suggest buying used. I recently bout a pair of Martin-Logan CLS full-range electrostatics. They're $4700.00 new. I paid $800.00. When I got home one of the panels transducers had to be replaced for $200.00. So, for $1000.00 I have some of the most open and wonderful speakers on the planet for a fraction of their orignal cost. I spent my lunch hour today listening to smoe $11,000 B&Ws. In my opinion, they didn't come close to what I have at home.
It appears that no one has listened to the Aura Sound line. You could set yourself up with primary, center surround, and subs for under $1,600. and outperform many systems in the $5,000-10,000 range. The ribbon tweeters and Peerless woofers combine the best of planar and dynamic systems.
I just purchased the paradigm refernce studio 100 - amazing system. I spent many weeks comparing speakers, in many high end stores... some actually told me they wouldnt even carry paradigm - yet whenever they are evaluated by high end reveiwers, they always do wondefully. Anyway, I compared to many other lines with various sources , amps and recordings, and consistently the paradigms sounded better than even much more expensive speakers. I have them biwired with audioquest midnite cables, and cant wait till they are actually broken in... P.S. - 2000$
This message is for yosemitiesamiam. In regard to going out and buying EAW stacks and subs. I do belive you are on the right track. I live in chicago and one of the local venues uses EAW. I have found a company that trounces EAW, however. And that is Martin Audio. Mindblowing for a live setup. So very transparent and neutral , yet will leave an imprint of your shadow on the wall if you like it loud. That's bigger money than EAW, but amazing. I'm in love with 'em. I'm a student of live sound and am discovering audiophilia and would spend ten thousand bucks, if I had the cash on speakers.