Funky/fusion jazz with heavy base emphasis....

Happy 03 audiogoners...looking for stripped down, bass dominant jazz/percussion sounds...with little to no trumphets,sax,piano,etc...real funky/fusion type of groove...any thoughts...Bitches Brew is cool...but looking for something more straight forward...less pyschedelic...also...good recording a plus
128x128phasecorrect
Oops! Sorry, there is no Grade Boy All Stars...they are called Greyboy Allstars. I only knew them from a radio program and it sounded like the announcer was saying "Grade Boy All Stars"! Went to a record store and DISCovered the truth

BTW, I think Maraketz recomendation of Material "Hallucination Engine" is good one, it's more bass heavy & groovy than Praxis (also Bill Laswell produced). Get Material and forget about Praxis, I dont think it's what you are looking for (based on your description).
Also...Beastie Boys import only jazz instrumentals.."in sounds from the way out"...pricy and hard to find...but well worth the effort...if you like funky,groove jams...
The following are in addition to the great funky bass playa's mentioned above.

Marcus Miller - The Sun Don't Lie &/ M2
Jimmy Haslip - Red Heat
Braxton Bros. - Steppin' Out &/ Now & Forever
Abraham Laboriel - Dear Friends &/ Guidum
Michael Manson - The Bottom Line
Chuck Smith - Bassically Bass
Zachary Breaux - Uptown Groove
Max Bennett - Great Expectations &/ Private Reserve &/ People & Places
The following are in addition to the great funky bass playa's mentioned above.

Marcus Miller - The Sun Don't Lie &/ M2
Jimmy Haslip - Red Heat
Braxton Bros. - Steppin' Out &/ Now & Forever
Abraham Laboriel - Dear Friends &/ Guidum
Michael Manson - The Bottom Line
Chuck Smith - Bassically Bass
Zachary Breaux - Uptown Groove
Max Bennett - Great Expectations &/ Private Reserve &/ People & Places
Marakanetz, sorry I spelled your name wrong if you notice above...BTW if you are still following this post could you recommend some Pekka Pohjola records? I only have "Consequences of Indecisions" w/Oldfield and Moerlin (great lp).