Advice on wire transfer and shipping to APO

I responded to a "wanted" post. The buyer is German and has agreed to payment via wire transfer, but wants it shipped to a friend with an APO address. I think APO stands for American Post Office and assume that means the friend is in the US Military in Germany. AFAIK, once the money hits my account via bank wire, the funds cannot be reclaimed, so I would be protected, but want to hear from anyone about the safety of this kind of transaction.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xswampwalker
Jmcgrogan2- I guess I need to update my system page; lots of changes. Pre-amp is now Doshi Alaap driving Hornings (I forget which one) via VAC 30/30. Got the Doshi before I got the VAC amp and while I love the Doshi, I kinda would have loved to hear how the full VAC system would sound (and it had that great full function remote!). Of well, so much equipment and so little time ;-)
I was looking at a Doshii Alaap II, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. A bit too far out of my price range, even used. I've heard great things about them though.
Jond - Elizabeth,

Exactly.

I lived in Europe off and on for around 30 years, mostly due to military obligations and private consulting working for Fortune 500 companies.

I am influenced by the European lifestyle and in part by my European heritage, Spanish and Italian, actually sicilian. I speak, read, and write German fluently, not a lick of Spanish or Italian.

Just settled back in the USA last year, after retiring from the military with 90% disability and getting used to the "American Way of Life".

That should be enough of an explanation as to why I use Ciao when signing off. I could also use Bis Spater, Tschüs, oder wiedersehen. I don't think many people speak German in this forum though.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
Ich habe die meisten der deutschen lernte ich in der Mitte bis Ende der siebziger Jahre.