Intoxicating music

In the 60's, which is a decade that went by in a blur, I dropped pills that took me to far away places which did not exist. This music I'm listening to is having the same effect.

"Upojenie" is the name of the CD, and "Are You Going With Me" is the name of the cut that took me to "Shangrilasa", which is a place that's existed in many vivid imaginations.

Pat Metheney and Anna Maria Jopek are the artists who rose to new creative heights that brought us "otherworldly" sounds which transported me to "Shangrilasa".
orpheus10
I am glad to hear you liked Timeless. Be sure to try this suggestion also. Best in a darkened room.

Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow - Snowflake & Lake Tahoe
There is a trio headed by DR Lonnie Smith (not to be confused by Lonnie LIson Smith) that does 4 JHendrix covers, Very influenced,
Rok2id, check "Bengal and Beyond" on youtube; Amar Priya, Cafe; and Calcuta Cutie.
Orpheus10:
Bengal and beyond was good. As I was listening I thought it reminded me of some Blue Note era stuff with an Eastern motif, but couldn't place it. Amar Priya was ok. Too simple in contruction to be really memorable. And then of course the master , Horace Silver , showed me where I had heard the blue note Eastern stuff before, and then, promptly restored order in the Jazz universe.
Your musical taste can be summed up in one word, ESOTERIC!
My lastest acquisitions are-- The Gene Harris Quartet--'Listen Here', Count Basie--'Chairman of the Board', The Red Garland Trio--'Groovy'.

Welcome Back.
Cheers.
More to discover