Speakers for the real world. Placement problems.

I am currently looking to get a speaker in the mid-tower region with nothing smaller than a 10" woofer even Dual 10" is better.
Must produce big soundstage and Low Freq.BASS on their own and Have the battle tank build quality. Cannot get away with any subwoofers at this point so that is why those attributes are very important and the most Important is VERY FORGIVING ON ROOM PLACEMENT!!! They will be in a 14' x 18' Space and several little obstacles with door placements and what not. So I kind of have to throw the 1/3 rules in stereo imaging out the window(pun intended). Goal is filling the room with good full sound. I guess a pretty efficient speaker would be a fine idea, maybe 92db and above. $2000 used is the limit. Currently running the Odyssey amp 150watt per channnel and an Audio research pure tube pre-amp 1960's amperex tubes, all equipment and cables built within the last 5 years. I'm not too interested in the Ear bleeders like cheaper Klipsch I prefer big power and sound with very smooth midrange and highs even at higher power levels. Mostly Rock and Pink floyd
big stadium kind of stuff listened to ALMOST always on VINYL. Thanks Guys and Girls!
matrix
Take a look at Meadowlark. Seriously dampend and well made cabinets which help compensate for some rear proximity issues, very efficient and reasonable.
Here I go again (broken record comes to mind): Paradigm Studio 100 v2s. Good bass, good efficiency, good frequency response, nice imageing, good build quality. Zero snob appeal.
Check out redesigned Dunalvy SC-III.A.
10" woofer and frequency response is stated to begin at 27Hz. I have the Cantatas (not made any longer) but the redesigned SC-III's is just about the same. The new owners of Dunlavy shortened up their line by eliminating the "old" SC-III, the Cantata and the Aletha. That last two were virtually identical and the old SC-III didn't have enough low end. The new SC-III.A rolls all three models into one.
Good luck
_bob
maybe 15-18"s from the back wall, listener position about 9-10' could very depending on size of speaker and furniture position.