Speakers for the real world. Placement problems.

I am currently looking to get a speaker in the mid-tower region with nothing smaller than a 10" woofer even Dual 10" is better.
Must produce big soundstage and Low Freq.BASS on their own and Have the battle tank build quality. Cannot get away with any subwoofers at this point so that is why those attributes are very important and the most Important is VERY FORGIVING ON ROOM PLACEMENT!!! They will be in a 14' x 18' Space and several little obstacles with door placements and what not. So I kind of have to throw the 1/3 rules in stereo imaging out the window(pun intended). Goal is filling the room with good full sound. I guess a pretty efficient speaker would be a fine idea, maybe 92db and above. $2000 used is the limit. Currently running the Odyssey amp 150watt per channnel and an Audio research pure tube pre-amp 1960's amperex tubes, all equipment and cables built within the last 5 years. I'm not too interested in the Ear bleeders like cheaper Klipsch I prefer big power and sound with very smooth midrange and highs even at higher power levels. Mostly Rock and Pink floyd
big stadium kind of stuff listened to ALMOST always on VINYL. Thanks Guys and Girls!
matrix
Oh, by the way a few years ago I had a pair of Definitive technology towers which were transmission line Di-pole or Bi-pole I don't remember, anyway they were of good build quality and seemed like a really good design with 2 6.5" drivers in the front and 2 6.5" drivers in the back, and of course one tweet on each side, they were very strange sounding to say the least and I'm sure it had something to do with the backward fireing drivers because every speaker I ever hear with a tweeter or whatever fireing back I never liked, especially the ones with the volume(L-pad) built in. I would just turn them all the way down so not to hear the rear driver. Anyway I guess they would be great for rears in a home theater but not for Stereo imaging. Oh well. Thats why the meadowlarks shocked me because I never hear a real good transmision line before.
Really tough requirements considering price point and existing equipment. The Dunlavys almost meet your requirements, but are probably out of your price point, besides as much as I like your amp the impedance load might be challenging. The only other speakers that comes to mind are Thiels. Again the impedance load is an issue, and they are not nearly as efficient, but you might be able to find something at your price point. May I suggest leaving money in your budget for some room treatment?
Check out the System Audio line of speakers. I use to own a pair and they are very easy to position and sound amazing. System Audio is a Danish company and not too well known in the states but there are a few dealers. Good luck.
Unsound, Why would the impeadance load be a problem? I just do not understand the statement is all, what should I be looking for in impeadance and are you talking about the amp? What do you like about it. Thanks
I do realize that perfection cannot be had at any price point, But I have heard several Very expensive speakers that have made me think that it is not so much about how much money is spent but the true synergy of the complete system. It is not possible to audition every speaker out their and definatley not possible to keep switching electronics to match a speaker every time you find a missing link. The main thing is less waisting time Searching for these products and Listening to music. My senario is a tuff one that Is why I came to the best of the best, AUDIOGON AUDIOPHILES, Any info is always appreciated.