Talon Loudspeakers

Has anybody heard the Talon loudspeakers? Any thoughts? Especially the Talon Peregrine speakers ($6,000). Thanks.
128x128elb
Dear Bookner, I have heard through the grapevine about your post on Audiogon regarding your visit to my home. I hesitate responding, but since you mentioned your audition at my home, your post becomes personal. I invite very few people over to my home to listen to my system. This courtesy extended, you should also recall the status of my system: My Khorus' were not broken in, I received the Marantz SA-1 the day before, and I also had new cable in my system. Most audiophiles know that these are less than ideal situations, but I felt that being an audiophile, you could see the significant differences between our speakers and others. For example, low noise floor, speed, and power handling capabilities. Realizing the other virtues such as soundstaging, imaging, timbres, depth would come together as my system broke in. Never did I realize that you would be as uncouth to post your audition on the worldwide web. This is like unto, being invited to your home to meet your wife and family during yardwork and posting on the worldwide web that they were a disgrace. I therefore challenge you to another audition, not at my house this time, but at my office. Or at least an apology for getting personal with out sharing all the facts. We have worked very hard to bring this new technology in loudspeaker design. Delivering a product that has mass and speed coupled to lowering distortion, eliminating compression, and giving accurate time response. This technology is defineable and repeatable which will improve the quality of our listening environments in the years to come. A simple 60 minute audition does not justify anything. Every consumer needs to listen for themselves. Some will pick it up after 2 songs, some will take several auditions, and then some will stick to there 31 flavors of old technology. Let the customers decide!
I resent that you had to call me a name, Sedond. Perhaps you should ask Jon Valin over at TAS, why he got it wrong in his review, then?
read closer, carl - i was poking fun at our buddy phill, commenting on how productive name calling is: NOT!!! ;~) perhaps jon v *did* get it wrong, but i've heard from others that these drivers are one & the same... regards, doug
Acuujim and Philefreak! The Talons are now breaking in and sounding really good. I left them on while diving out of the country for two weeks. That was enough to break-in the mid-range drivers. The soundstaging and imaging of these speakers is better than my VR6s. The bass is very fast and the detail is amazing. They are truly world class. Thanks for the feedback.
I think they like solid state amps best. I've been trying the Bel Canto EVo. They are amazing with Talons. The speed of the digital amp w/ the speed of the Talons are a perfect match. I was negative at first, having $14000.00 speakers driven by $2400.00 amp just didn't seem right. But the sound is wonderful.Glreno, your in for more as you reach the 500 hr. This is what being an audiophile is all about.