Talon Loudspeakers

Has anybody heard the Talon loudspeakers? Any thoughts? Especially the Talon Peregrine speakers ($6,000). Thanks.
128x128elb
Mike@Talonaudio.com: I'll look forward to hearing the Khorus again in November, perhaps even after I get COMDEX behind me. And if, you want, I can report my view here. Stay tuned.
You are kidding yourself if you think that a 2A3 can power the Talon's effectively. Yes you will get sound from them, but you will not discover what the true SET sound is all about. The Talons are not efficient enough. Most dynamic speakers are not. Add in a big ole guitar woofer, inefficient X-over and you will kill the SET sound. You need horns to make a SET sound good. A 845 based SET might be a good match as they provide 20 - 40 watts and can handle a wider impedance load. You are better off looking for a better speaker to use with a SET amp. Actually a better speaker, period. Fred
Fred: Respectfully you have no idea what you are talking about! I'm doing it and the sound is remarkable in my room. I prefer it to their sound even on 400W Rowland Stero Amp that Tierry uses. Granted I am limited to 95 or 96db but the combo on the Talon's is absoulutely magical. I suggest you compare the impedance swing of Talon Khorus' to most other audiophile speakers. It's pretty Damn stable. So no I don't need an amp capable of handling a wide impedance swing. I have some quite hardened audiophile friends who have dropped their jaw and messed their pants bassed on the quality of sound I'm getting. (Emphasie on the bassed). Yes the bass is more correct to me in terms of speed harmonic and air then big solid state. Chew on that for a minute and dump the genralizations about what will and what won't work. Fred I suggest you head to bottlehead and look at Doc B's Straight 8's a non-horn design that is killer with SET's. I don't know what your game is Fred, but I know what I hear. Don't you get tired of being so negative. James W.
Sorry, but I have had over 35 years of experience with audio gear, mostly SET amps. I know from experience that dynamic speakers do not work well with SET amps. I also can tell by your extreme bias towards the talons that you will not listen to fact or reason. Take a trip over to the SET forum at the Audioasylum. Tell them what you are doing with your SET amps and they will laugh you out of there. Like I said earlier, you will get sound but not the magic SETs can produce. Even your beloved talons can't break the laws of physics. I don't expect you to understand. You seem to quote the specs from the brochoure as if they were facts. 17Hz to 25Khz indeed! I bet the impedance curve and rated sensitivity are also bogus. Fred
he fred, if james & his buddies tink he's getting good sound w/set's on his talons, so be it. it's prolly wery nice. i tink, unless yuve heard *his* set-up, ewe can't make a judgment that it's not working. *everyone* knows the generalized limitations of set amps & dynamic-driver-speakers. i mean it's not like he's saying he goes skydiving every weekend w/o a parachute, & enjoys it! regards, doug